UTZ is a label and program for sustainable farming worldwide. Our mission is to make sustainable farming the norm. Sustainable farming helps farmers, workers and their families to take better care of their environment and future generations.
The Standards & Assurance (S&A) department develops the UTZ sustainability criteria and manages the UTZ certification program, in close dialogue with internal and external stakeholders. The main responsibilities of the S&A department is to safeguard the credibility of the UTZ standards by: providing support on the interpretation of the standards to internal and external stakeholders, ensuring consistent conformity assessments (e.g. audits) and executing scrutiny and surveillance activities of producers and supply chain actors that are being certified.
In your role as Assurance Developer, you are responsible for developing policies and procedures to safeguard the integrity of and compliance to the UTZ standards with the aim of maximizing UTZ’s impact and credibility. Your daily activities will allow you to think conceptually and to develop innovative Assurance approaches to safeguard the integrity of the UTZ programs. You are part of an international and dedicated team of professionals. With your analytical capabilities, knowledge of sustainable supply chains, understanding of the coffee, cocoa and/or tea sector and strong interpersonal skills, you manage to develop smart and pragmatic solutions and improvements to our certification programs.
- Review the current UTZ Assurance Model, redesign UTZ assurance policies, keep the model and policies up to date and adjust when needed;
- Monitor and assess the execution of and compliance to the Assurance policies;
- Analyse implementation and compliance issues and use this information to propose adjustments to the Assurance policies/procedures;
- Organize consultation sessions for stakeholders (internal and external) to discuss adjustments to assurance policies based on questions and/or needs received;
- Be aware of developments and trends in the sector and translates this into (new) assurance policies/procedures;
- Take part in the UTZ standards committee or the Assurance Reviewing Committee.
- a minimum of 5 years, preferably CSR agricultural, multi-stakeholder contexts in tropical countries or rural development related experience;
- Lead auditor course IRCA (preferably ISO 9001, acceptable ISO 14001, SA 8000);
- Knowledge of management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SA 8000, GAP standards) and auditing skills ;
- Fluency verbal and written communication skills in English, preferably good knowledge of Spanish, French or Portuguese;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree Agronomic Engineering, agronomy, Environmental science, international development or related.
WHAT WE OFFER
Employment is based upon 32-40 hours/week. The position is based in Amsterdam and is open to applicants of all nationalities. However, we can only consider candidates who have, will get or are eligible for a Dutch work and residency permit. Starting date of the assignment is foreseen as soon as possible.
UTZ is committed to create a better, more sustainable world. We are the largest program for coffee and cocoa and have certification schemes in other commodities including (herbal) tea, rooibos and hazelnuts. The UTZ certified label features on over 20,000 different products across 135 countries. Companies such as Ikea, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Lavazza, Tchibo, Ferrero and many others have already recognized that, by sourcing UTZ certified products, they can build the trust of their customers while supporting a better world.
UTZ is a global organization with offices in Amsterdam and around the world. UTZ works closely with its partner networks in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) before Monday 24 July, 2017 to hr AT utz DOT org
mentioning ‘Assurance Developer’ in the subject line. For more information about this position please contact Lenneke Braam or Brigitte Bonekamp, through hr AT utz DOT org / 020-5308000.